ascii image


0010101000011111101001101010000010011000
1110101110110101011011111010010010001011
0001011100011101111001010011010010111110
0000010111101001100000110011101100001000
0011000000111010001111111000100110000001
1010110110000000000001011001000110001010
0101100010101100000100000010100100010101
0001011001011101100011000101110111101110
0110010100110100111101110100110011111101
0010111100110011010010110010101111011011
0100000000001001001011000010110100101001
1101000111100000110111011100110111000010
1111110001111111101101001010000111101100
0010110000100000111011000000101100010110
0101111000011100111010000000011111101111
0010010011110010011101001000110101000101
0000000001000100001111111100111010001111

Thursday, 30 December 2010

1 Wire weirdness

Some time back (over a year now) i decided to build a weather station I could have bought one, but i'm tight and building one from parts is more fun.

It started with my Mac mini, digittemp and a few DS1820 temperature sensors, then it moved onto a NSLU2 'slug' now it's based on a big old Linux box.

On to the weirdness...  On the slug the fuse filessystem never worked terribly well and crashed a lot. So i used the web daemon quite well.  I built a DS2406 240VAC power switch to control my greenhouse heater, but it used to trash the 1-wire network, all the other devices dropped off.

Anyway since moveing to the Linux box, the circuit is solid (so far) and the fuse filesystem is solid.

No idea why it was flakey on the slug, but i'm glad i am off it now.

Circuit below (just exchange the ds2405 for a ds2406)

No comments:

Post a comment